I just signed up for a keyboard lesson last month and the class will start early next month. It’s a beginner’s class and I am excited to pick up music at an age of *ahem* thirty. Yes, I thought it’s pretty late for me to start learning music.
I wished I had learn the piano when I was younger. My mind was like a sponge back then! But unfortunately, my interests were only in video games and those tradable Magic cards (I still have some old edition Magic: The Gathering cards though
, hint hint, wanna buy them from me?).
My interest in music and playing the keyboard grew soon after I started listening to Symphonic Power Metal. It’s a fusion genre that combines the heaviness of Rock/Metal and some gentle touch of symphonic elements from the Classical and Operatic genre. Ah.. the sound of synthesisers going solo and at times, playing in the background…
I wish I had the talent of one my musical heroes –
Well, away with those wishful thinking!
I need to take the first step. And then it’s practice, practice, and PRACTICE!
This has got to be something I have yet to try in my life – picking up a musical instrument. No matter how old I am, and hey, playing a musical instrument has plenty of benefits for the ageing brain too!
And oh, I wished I had started blogging a long time ago instead of procrastinating!
- Pianos lover (uprightpianos.wordpress.com)
- Magic: The Gathering Still Thriving Outside High School Cafeterias (buzzfeed.com)
- The Piano (maggieccole.wordpress.com)
- I’ve Got Music (censch.wordpress.com)
- Growing Up with Music Wizard (musicwizardph.wordpress.com)
- Learn to Play Keyboard at Home: Practice Required. Pants Optional (udemy.com)
- My 5 Favorite Magic Cards (joeljalique.wordpress.com)
- Musical Instruments Buying Guide (walmart.com)
- The family of wind instruments: from the recorder to the horn (the-bassoon.information-about-music.com)